I just try to attach GIF file to a post. Server attempted or uploaded and rejected the image, but pop up window went blank. After that I seen there is a limitation in dimension of uploaded documents. Resize did the trick.

Point is, after failure to upload document pop up window should not get blank but show some message.

I'm running FF 3.0.8

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Yep! Happened to me too when I tried to upload a jpg screenshot. Browser: FF 3.0.8

... And then we had server issues and I never got a chance to look into it. Still trying to figure out the issue. :(

:S Sometimes it work and sometimes it doesn't. Strange!

P.S. It's working fine ATM.

If the attachment is valid, it works fine. If the dimensions of the attachment are larger than what's allowed, instead of throwing back a friendly error, the php script dies.

Upload Errors
myimage.jpg:
The Dimension limits for this filetype are 1280 x 1024. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 3200 x 1200.

It seems like you have fixed it already ? :)

I have attached a screen shot of the error message. I don't think its a browser issue as I get the same error message even in Chrome. Hmm!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.