rapture 134 Posting Whiz in Training

I'm fairly new to asp.net and trying to use a session counter to check for when someone has tried to log in three times it counts and when reaches three it locks them out. I know it's easy but my brain is fried.

Protected Sub btnLogin_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnLogin.Click

Dim IsFound As Boolean = False

If Page.IsPostBack Then

IsFound = clsDataLayer.GetUser(Server.MapPath("AddressBook.mdb"), txtUSERID.Text, txtPassword.Text)

If (IsFound) Then

'user credentials were found in the database so notify the system that the user is authenticated

lblStatus.Text = "Welcome"

'if authentic then wait three seconds to display the welcome label then send user to mymobilepage

Response.AddHeader("REFRESH", "3;URL=mymobilepage.aspx")

Else  'invalid user credentials

Dim myAttempts As Integer = Convert.ToInt16(Session("AttemptsCount "))

myAttempts = myAttempts + 1

Session("AttemptCount") = myAttempts 'update the session variable with the new value

lblStatus.Text = "The User ID and/or Password supplied is incorrect. Please try again!"

If myAttempts >= 3 Then

Dim myDAL As New clsDataLayer

myDAL.Lockuser(Server.MapPath("Addressbook.mdb"), txtUSERID.Text, False)

lblStatus.Text = "Your account has been locked and will need to be reset by the system  administrator!"

End If

End If

End If

Can someone direct me the proper way?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.