If you write a post without having first logged on, then the option to loggon with DaniWeb credentials is not there. Three other loggon options are there which I don't have, but not Daniweb loggon.

If you then go to top of screen to loggon you loose what you have written, unless you you copy it first.

Yes, unfortunately, it's somewhat "by design" and most likely will not be changed soon. I know, sorry.

The reasoning is that we are strongly trying to move away from the traditional (somewhat legacy) login mechanism to Log In via your social network.

I am not a member of any social network, so I guess I won't be able to login ?

Not currently, no. You will have to be sure you are logged in before posting.

Can you confirm that a 'non social media login' will remain for accessing DaniWeb (rather than the already started creating a post scenario in this thread) as I think that's what DenisOxon was getting at in his last post?

Exactly right HG

Can you confirm that a 'non social media login' will remain for accessing DaniWeb

Yes, there are no plans to remove that functionality. I understand that a lot of people don't use social networks, and/or they are legacy members before our social media logins existed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.