First things first, it might be an excellent decision to start with basics and shed light on the essentials of random number generators (RNGs) and their capacities. For those interested in how RNGs work, let’s start with essentials that you need to know before creating your own online game.
Any RNG is a number or a sequence of numbers that cannot be anyhow predicted, except for a random chance. The results of any RNG tool are actually unpredictable since some of those perks can incorporate thousands of millions of numbers of images, eventually making any predictions utterly unusable. RNG works as a system, which incorporates a range of variables required for its operational capacities. In other words, any generator has to be built on either code or a function that works with certain pieces of data, such as numbers, figures, tables, images, whatsoever. That means that RNG cannot work by itself since it requires the production of unpredictable results based on the already included pieces of information.
It might be shocking for you to hear such things from me, but any RNG is needed for game development since it would be impossible to code and design each specific consequence based on millions of variables.
In the gaming industry, RNG tools are mostly used for generating loot, game events, critical hit chances, and a wide range of other gameplay-related situations. That’s why all game developers, regardless of a scale of their project, turn to RNG tools sooner or later to automatize specific areas of a game for the overall game production to be more convenient regarding the development time.
Except for games, RNGs are widely deployed in statistical sampling, gambling, simulations, and cryptography. I also have my own explanation of where these generators might be used. From what I learned over the last years, RNG tools are in demand in spheres where unpredictable consequences are permissible in specific contextualized situations.
Just interesting to know what games were created with RNG. Share your thoughts.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.