Hi, I have a RCA MP3 player that had a previous problem, it would turn on and the RCA screen would pop up and then freeze right there.. I found help and reformatted the player and that helped with that issue.
Now I can drag and drop my mp3 files to the player and see them when I open up the drive on my computer, but on the actual player states that there are 0 files when I turn it on.
I think I deleted a key folder or file when I formatted.
Would anyone happen to know what files or folders are necessary on a MP3 player for it to recoginize that there are mp3 files on it and then actually play them?
I tried the RCA site but they had no software downloads for this player.

Thanks for any help!

You should try RCA's customer support. Your post has been on here for quite a while which probably means nobody knows an exact answer. Be careful when formatting things in the future!

Good luck

Formatting the player and it removing essential files seems a little silly, but a possibility. It may also be an encoding issue, maybe you need to encode the audio as something other than mp3.

Formatting the player and it removing essential files seems a little silly, but a possibility.

It depends how he has formatted it... and if (like the ipod) crucial files are stored in the main stick storage or a different bit of internal memory.

try calling RCA's customer service and im sure they will help you with your concern.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.