Hi,

My girlfriend has been going crazy trying to use her computer. The monitor is constantly going sqiggly & then back to normal. She cant properly surf the net & use her programs. I connected my monitor to her computer to see if the same thing would happen & it did. My monitor started acting the same way. I reconnected her monitor & reset the refresh rate, but no change. I checked for any magnetic interfence around her computer but there is none. Her father has a solitaire game installed on it that he's been playing for the past year & now when he plays its the program that causes the mostly distortion in the screen. Im not a computer tech, so Im assuming this might be a videocard in its last days of life. Her computer is a P3 900 w/soltek SL-75LIV fully intergrated motherboard. Does anyone know what this problem could be? Is it the monitor, the video card or something else?

Thank you

Did you by any chance use the same monitor cable to connect both monitors? If so it could be damaged, and I'd be trying a different cable before assuming that it's a more drastic hardware problem.

It's not the monitor, since same happens with your one. Almost certainly cable or graphics chip.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.