Hello I have an antec power supply. When I turn on the computer it seems to start powering up but then I get beeping. It one long beep followed by 3 shot ones the the computer shuts down. The Monitor starts to turn on, the hard drive does as well. I had this problem a few months ago and try flicking the switch in back on and off and holding down the power button and different things. I eventually got it to turn on a boot up and everything worked fine. Well I just moved and had the computer disconnected for about a week. Now I'm trying it again and it is giving me these problems. Does anyone know what the problem is?

On the motherboar it has a LED indicator and when the computer is plugged in, but off it reads 2.0. When I first hit the power button it goes it 8.c. then right before it shuts off it goes to 9.d. I noticed when I hit the power button there is about 1 second delay before I hear the computer start and the fans run.

Any help you could offer would be great!

Thanks!

Can you post you system specs? Motherboard model, CPU, RAM etc...

Have you searched for what the bleep codes mean for your motherboard?

If your motherboard was provided with a manual, the rear page usually tells you what the beeps mean.

Usually one long beep followed by three short beeps means a video display error, genuinely to do with the Video Circuitry; by any chance do you have an external GPU installed? If so remove it and see if it works fine using onboard (if any).

1 long 3 short beeps-
BIOS-
AMI -RAM error
IBM -Video card
IBM/Lenovo-RAM error
Award/Phoenix- Video card
Earlier Pheonix -CMOS Battery needs replacing

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.