Was hoping to get some help with my cd burner. It will let me read what is on a cd but when I go to burn a cd it says there is either something on a blank disk or does not see the blank disk in the burner at all and keeps saying to put a disk in. I have a compac presario, not sure if this is a driver issue. Please let me know what you need to know from me to get going on some much needed help with this trouble. Thank you!

What program are you using for burning?

It's not nero, is it?

What program are you using for burning?

It's not nero, is it?

I have tried bothmy cheetah burner and windows media player burner and both will not allow mt to burn.

your cd burner what are the spec, is it cd/rw +- or just + or - and what thype of mediat are u using, some time if u use a cd that is a minua or plus only your burner might not read it.

Thank you for the reply bobby, I have a cd rewrite and have had no trouble buring cds when we had xp on here because it recognized everything and ME does not seem to recognize my hardware I even had to find the drivers for my sound card because ME doesn't recognize it. Im thinking I have to open my tower and get the cd rewrite info off it and look for different drivers, do you think this may help since I know there was nothing wrong with it burning when we had a trial xp on here and now that I had to put ME on here we have these issues?

Win me is THE worst opearting system ever created. this was a desperate try by bill to change 95. u might have to install driver for your burner for it to work correctly on me. as for the spec u can see this on the front of the drive it will tell u what type of media it can burn

Thanks bobby because what I was trying to do is something that is not foreign to this burner and has done it hundreds of times, I was burning mp3's and wma and and other stuff that I have had no trouble doing before. Ill just get the burner info, I think I have had this trouble before but its been so long since I had to use ME that I cannot remember if this was an issue but it seems to be a familiar memory lol. Signing off to check into this burner. Will let ya know if I resolve this with new drivers once I get specs, thanks again!

You can find out what driver you need on the internet some providers scan your computer and let you download drivers

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.