Good Morning,

Wondering if anyone has had any preferences with DVD burners under Linux. Either SCSI or IDE is fine with me. I would like to take advantage of the various sales out there for a decent DVD burner, but all of the boxes say Windoze.... Am wondering if anyone has had success with off-the-shelf DVD burners and various drivers to get them working over Linux.

Thanks.

Christian

Good Morning,

Wondering if anyone has had any preferences with DVD burners under Linux. Either SCSI or IDE is fine with me. I would like to take advantage of the various sales out there for a decent DVD burner, but all of the boxes say Windoze.... Am wondering if anyone has had success with off-the-shelf DVD burners and various drivers to get them working over Linux.

Thanks.

Christian

I've never had any problems with Pioneers or NEC ND1/2xxxx models - they've all performed well under Red Hat 7.2 and XCDRoast with CDrecordPRO so I don't see any reason for them not to work for you. I'd avoid the Sony DRU-500A however as I've had problems with that, but not the DRU-510A which has been fine.

Regards,

Martyn

Hello,

I ended up getting a Sony DRU-540, it has USB and Firewire. Worked great out-of-box with my Mac, and will be trying it on the Linux box in short order.

Thanks for the note.

Christian

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.