Guys im confused ,

This is not the first time im upgrading win xp to win xp SP2!!! but this time when i installed xp professional i had given an administrator password and everytime i logged in it showed username as "ADMINISTRATOR" and yesterday i upgraded to xp sp2 and i named user1 as "somename" . i lost all files in "admistrators documnets" i.e "my documents" which was der when only xp professional was installed !! and today my computer did't even ask me to enter a password while logging in !!!

does upgrading from xp professional to sp2 remove passwords ?
and those files that were der in "admin documents " are they gone ?

Im tensed ! what if someone is remotely using my compe!

open mycomputer ,open Documents and settings ,go to users and open the one for administrator, unless you formatted the harddrive the files should be there

Thanks caper ,

but what about password !!!
once i go to safe mode i get 2 login options one is "admin" -- the account that got created whilst installing xp pro , and "somename" the account i created while upgrading to sp2 !!

go to control panel /users ,and click on change the way users logon and off ,it should give you option to use a password

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.