Yes.....we are sort of still on Novell. However, I am new to the Active Directory world and need to create my first Active directory Forest. My test server is built, but haven't installed/initiated Active Directory services, etc. Any resources as on how to plan and create?

Amazing that there are still companies so far behind the wave that they are continuing to run Novell servers... That's almost like using a horse and buggy to commute 60 miles to work... Well, I suppose the Amish would do that, but I prefer my Toyota!

Sad isn't it? If it works, why change it is the company's motto. I prefer to have the most efficient and secure but in an R&D company, IT is not prioritized and budgets are limited. Believe it or not, Novell makes a client for Windows 7. I need to transition to a Windows server and would also like to control and deploy GPL's including the ability to control patch management, password resets and remote desktop. I have a test server setup with no Active Directory role enabled. Looks like I have a lot of catch up on.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.