Facts;
-Upgraded a dlink dsl 300+ modem to a netgear adsl2 dm11p modem.

-Pc 1 running vista will connect fine.

-Pc2 on wireless (netgear wgr614v3 ) running XP will connect but within 60 seconds they both lose their connection. I have disabled the firewall on Pc2 but it made no difference. I have configured the router to have all the mac addresses on the ‘safe list’ but i mean nothing has changed with this device so im thinking it shouldnt be the problem.

-ALL lights on both hardware devices indicate that there isn’t a problem.

Im reluctant to play with this vista box, 1 because i don’t know what im doing and 2 because its been nothing but a bloody nightmare!

ALL that has changed is the modem so updating firmware etc doesnt seem neccessary..

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

What type of wireless are we talking? is your router set to broadcast b and g signals or just g? if both, try setting it to the one that you need.

Its under channel 11 g&b I have no idea what it's meant to be...

Also - both machines can ping each other.

Let me get this straight; You have one box hardwired to your network and one box that is wireless? The wired one has no problems but the wireless one does?

If it says that b and g are enabled, try selecting just g.

Both devices apparently are dead even know they both had power.

Case closed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.