my son turned on my lap top and claims he did nothing else but it went to a screen I have never seen before it said start up recovery it ran for two hours . Once it finished all I had was a blank screen and the curser was visable. So I turned it off by holding the power button. I waited ten minutes and turned it back on . The safe mode screen came up because it was shut down wrong . I tried rebuting it using everything on the screen my laptop will still not boot up. I have even removed the battery and still nothing. I have an acer aspireone with a windows 7 startup operating system so my question is did he fry my laptop?

It may be that the restore option has been started but hasn't completed properly for some reason. Do you have restore discs? There might even be a restore partition. Please tell us which model Acer Aspire One you have.

If there are files you would like to recover before the drive is "wiped", please tell us.

I have the Aspire One D257-1497. There are files I would have prefered not to loose but at this point my only concern is being able to use my laptop

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.