Hello, first post here.

I am beginning with c# and I am writing a media player using the Irrklang audio engine. All is going well there.

I am now looking to improve the interface and would like to change the sliders from basic Windows Forms style into dials and knobs that resemble those found on a HiFi amplifier.

Would I need to write my own code to control animation of images or can I just change the look of the slider?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

If the controls are not available from the Tools tab in the IDE, then they are not installed and you would have to:

1) find custom controls already written and available for free: Custom Slider Controls, or
2) buy a third-party toolkit containing custom controls, or
3) write/create them yourself

I would suggest pursuing option #1 to start because there are many contributions available; checking out option #2 just to see what is being marketed; then proceeding to #3 if necessary or that suits you.

Please mark this as solved if your question is answered--thanks.:)

Thanks for the reply. A custom control was my first choice also but I have only found commercial ones so far. There seem to be many sliders out there but not so many rotating controls.
Cheers

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.