Hi,
I have a problem regarding displaying the files. Actually, my code displays both pdf's and images. I am thinking to have a script to check whether the file is image or pdf before it gets displayed. Can anyone help in this regard.
Thanks,
Rohith

this isn't very clear. But with only this information i would say check the file extensions on the path. if its .PDF then obviously, and if its .jpeg, .gif, .png, .bmp, ect. then its an image.

if(filename.EndsWith(".pdf"))
{
        //open pdf
}
else if(filename.EndsWith(".jpeg"))
{
       // open jpeg
}
else {
     //Open as text
}
if(filename.EndsWith(".pdf"))
{
        //open pdf
}
else if(filename.EndsWith(".jpeg"))
{
       // open jpeg
}
else {
     //Open as text
}

Hi,
Actually i have written a handler class to deal with thumbnails and fullimages. Can you tell me how can i write a code in thumbnail handler class. I want to check the file before displaying the thumbnail, if the file is pdf then it should be displayed as it is with out being displayed as a thumbnail.
Thanks,
rohith

Path.GetExtension(filePath); can also be used to return the file type extension.
If you have written a class then i expect your class has a method which reads the file and returns a thumbnail, since thats the behaviour you wish to alter, you can place the above code inside that method. Check the filetype then return a thumbnail based on the type of the file.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.