Hey guys, i am developing an android app using Java, using eclipse on a windows PC. The building of the app started off very well, and we managed to get a working prototype working on a android phone using the USB debugging option.

I have come across a big problem which is holding everything up. There are buttons on the main screen, which are supposed to navigate to other screens, the only problem is that i don't know how to do it. Can anyone help? you would be a life saver if you can!

In the actionPerfomed method for those buttons simply create and setVisible the new window, and setVisible(false) the old one if appropriate.

ok thanks, is it possible to get maybe a code snippet or to have it explained better as im such a noob when it comes to java, thanks!

It's not hard. Just give it a try and if you get stuck post your code here for more help. That way you will learn a lot more and rapidly stop being a noob! :)

Double post. Post close. Please follow furter discusion here

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.