Hey guys!

I am working on a school project where I choose "The Evolution of Technology" as my topic. It'll be from making stone tools and fire to the modern information age. I choose a videogame to represent my research and outcome and I'll use Java. I already knew a little bit of Java before but I didn't know how to create events and make GUIs. I looked at Swing and JavaFX but I don't think they have what I need. The game will be pixelated, but not so much. It'll be a 2D plataformer, where I want to implement a grid system so it'll be easier to code. I would have three files per map; one for the background, one for the foreground (plataforms, ect.) and one that contains the data of what is in the foreground. I would greatly appreciate if you could help me with this and give me any recommendations for anything.

Thanks!

I'll look into that, but the whole point of this is learning Java. I get a lot of extra marks for that.

"I know a bit of Java", and with that you assumed you know enough to write a platform based 2D game?
I wish you all the luck.

what have you got so far?

First of all, I don't have enough knowledge of Java yet to make a 2D platformer. I've looken into Stencyl and I might use, although still be using the Java feature in it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.