Can I ask you how can I automatically fill my TextBox when I choose an unbound item in ComboBox. For example, I choose "January" in my First ComboBox, then "09" in 2nd ComboBox and "1993" for 3rd. Then it will Show "January 09, 1993" in my TextBox.

Member Avatar for Rahul47

It should be something like this:

TextBox.text=FirstComboBox.SelectedItem + SecondComboBox.selectedItem + ThirdComboBox.SelectedItem

Check for SelectedItem option in properties of ComboBox. Cannot give you snapshot right now as I dont have Visual studios installed.

Just remember to put spaces between them. But I have to ask, why not just use a datetimepicker? That way you don't have to check for invalid dates like April 31 and the user can pick a date with one control instead of three.

Member Avatar for Rahul47

Yep you should use datetimepicker as advised by Reverend Jim. orever Datetimepicker will allow a nice look rather than combo nasty and you wont have to pickup month,date seperately. And Less coding.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.