Hi All,

I want a make a system logger in java to track all the activity that is going on my system.

1)User Login
2)File Copy
3)Other Activities

But,Being a beginner I don't have much knoweldge regarding my goal.

Please provide your valuable feedback.

why would you want to do this in Java?
looks like you're choosing the wrong tool for the job.

try this;

import org.apache.commons.logging.Log; // use commons-loggins.jar api
import org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory;

public class test {

private static final Log LOG = LogFactory.getLog(test.class);

test(){

LOG.info("this is a test info");
LOG.error("this is a test error ");
// there is more you can try it 
// best regards 
}

}

203428: that would work GREAT to log what your Java code is doing, but have you read the request of what he's actually looking for?

@stultuske

so what you suggest?

ahh soory , i didn't read the request very well,
so you loking for something like keylogger + and event recorder, yes.

I want a make a system logger in java to track all the activity that is going on my system.

but i think nobody can give a formelle or a complete project or give the write answer for what you looking for because your quation is big and huge.

But,Being a beginner I don't have much knoweldge regarding my goal

you must start by anything not waiting us to give the fish; and if you get some problemes in your programm architecture or your code than you can post it, and we try to give an answer.

hope be claire

Subhraakasuny: my suggestion would be: first do some research and try and find a language in which something like this can be written.
best way to start is: find out why Java can't/shouldn't be used for this purpose.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.