Hi
I have to do this exercise for school, but i just dont know how to create this, so if anyone from you can please do this for me, i will be very thankful. It is a short one and quite simple(not for me):

"Write a program, which reads from numbers.dat numbers from 2000 to 3000. Between readable numbers find and printout the number with highest sum of numerical digits."

Thanks

have you wrote some code? post it here

the ideea is to have a cycle to read the numbers, after the number is read with another cycle you make the sum of it's digits

best regards,

Hi
Thanks for your answers, i was trying this with "varying" and no success at all. As im a complete rookie in this and need to do this for school by tomorrow, i would kindly ask you if you can write me the whole code, if its okay with you. I tried to do this, but i never get any success.
Thanks in advance

Hi
Thanks for your answers, i was trying this with "varying" and no success at all. As im a complete rookie in this and need to do this for school by tomorrow, i would kindly ask you if you can write me the whole code, if its okay with you. I tried to do this, but i never get any success.
Thanks in advance

so, for tomorrow...and when you expect to learn some programming? this is cheatting!
i will give you some instructions, but i can not give all the code, is not fair!

how to read numbers
num:=2100;
while (num<3000)and(num>2000) do
readln(num);

after this you make a cycle, and you find the digits of number by divinding it with 10, until the number is bigger than 10, and make the sum of digits.

I will learn it for my exams, which are 4 weeks away, i alredy know something, but for this excercise i have no clue. That is why i came to ask you if you can do it, but i`ll understand if you wont.

Thanks

my friend have you tried to open the program and to start to code? to came here and say: ok, i have done this and this. but here i can not figure out and ask for help

got my point?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.