Hi, I was wondering if anyone has the solution to this. Let's say I have a dropdownlist. And if a particular value of that dropdownlist is selected, I display a textbox. So I set the dropdownlist to cause a postback event, and on the pageload (when postback), i check to see if the dropdownlist.selectedvalue = whatever. I am currently maintaining the scroll position of the user's browser. Here's the thing: it's annoying to use, because the entire page refereshes.

Is it possible to have a more fluid webpage that doesn't "blink" on postback?

Thanks,
Eric

put your page area that is to be refreshed in an update panel, this will prevent the page from blinking.

Thanks! I will give that a try.

Actually, I am already using panels... and it still blinks.

are you confused between asp:panel and asp:updatepanel?

Yes, I am! :)
Is there no dran-n-drop control for an update panel? Can I just rename the <asp:panel> with <asp:updatepanel> ?

hmm... when I repace asp:panel with asp:updatepanel it sends back an error: Unknown server tag 'asp:UpdatePanel'

do you use visual studio 2005? Create an ajax enabled website, else you cant have asp:update panel

Thanks! I decided to go to Visual Studio 2008, and WOW! I really like that dev environment.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.