Hey Guys,

I am trying to improve my PHP/MySQL skills and need to find a good dvd or cd-rom. I feel that I learn best from video tutorials, I watch the youtube videos but want to buy a couple good dvds with real world techniques. Let me know if you have any links to any, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

lessons from phpAcademy chanel at youtube or thenewboston chanel
lynda php/mysql lessons(lessons from lynda.com)
w3school.com webpage

Thanks LONGWAY, I will check those out! :)

lessons from phpAcademy chanel at youtube or thenewboston chanel
lynda php/mysql lessons(lessons from lynda.com)
w3school.com webpage

Member Avatar for diafol

lynda.com - some are free, but for the good stuff you have to pay. I used to get loads of freebies lynda.com from .net magazine (UK). They have a video for almost everything you can think of.

Oh ok so I should check out .net magazine? Think I have came across their website before, not sure. I don't mind buying the PHP/MySQL dvd from lynda.com...if it's worht it.

lynda.com - some are free, but for the good stuff you have to pay. I used to get loads of freebies lynda.com from .net magazine (UK). They have a video for almost everything you can think of.

phpacademy at youtube, i dont know how advanced you are thou.

Member Avatar for diafol

> .net mag -> the videos used to come free with the mag on dvd. I don't think they have the rights to host them on their site (netmag.co.uk) though.

Alright, I have seen the Magazine at the book store before. Maybe I will subscribe : )

> .net mag -> the videos used to come free with the mag on dvd. I don't think they have the rights to host them on their site (netmag.co.uk) though.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.