I would like to make a custom debian Install CD
i want this as i will soon be installing debian on a large amount of PC'S with no internet access. i would like to install debian with a specific package selection and certain default settings as well as the latest patches. Is there a tool to do this in debian?

you can install debian on one pc with all the packages and programs you want. then you can create an image of the hard drive and using a ghost server you can copy that image on all the computers you want.

i dont have ghost

Maybe this will fit your needs better:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller

Personally I have not done it with Debian-based distro yet, but I've had experience using RPM-based distros, and I got to a point where I can just pop in the CD, reboot, and it will go out on the network, find the server where all the RPMs (some custom in-house RPMs as well), download/install them, and bring up a new, clean machine.

I am sure you can do the same thing with Debian, I just haven't tried it myself.

-Josh

www.qbangsolutions.com

jbennet I was reading this thread and i wondered how you made out. Did you get a debian cd re-mastered?
I have heard of guys using bootcd.
Build an image of your running Debian System with the command bootcdwrite.
Or cdbootstrap. cdebootstrap is used to create a Debian base system from scratch.

Thanks

tried ibuild but didnt like it so i did it the hard way using the livecd scripts, not too hard actually if you read the manuals

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.