Hi All,

I'm looking for some assitance in binding (or joining) Active Directory to an Open Directory Master.. We are a Mac based company with mostly all Mac OS servers, however our accounts server runs Windows. We are in the process of upgrading our accounting software onto a new WIndows 2008 R2 server with SQL and I would like the authentication for AFP/SMB etc to come from my OD server. So far I have hit a brick wall and am hoping someone here might be able to assist. System setups below

Accounts Server - Windows Server 2008 R2
Directory Server - Mountain Lion Server

Thanks in advance,

gn0m3

in binding (or joining) Active Directory to an Open Directory Master

So, based on your description, it appears what you are really looking for is to create a kerberos trust relationship between the two directories so that you can authenticate in one directory and access resources in the other. Unfortunately, I do not have experience in this type of configuration, but I wanted to provide some input and guidance as this may help you reach the next step.

Thanks for coming back with that info JorgeM. I'll look into it further!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.