I notice a bug..

Screenshot_2022-01-04_175310.png

This post is not written by Dani, but it shows Dani is the writer ?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

This is low on my priority list to fix.

Basically what happens is the tutorial author creates a draft in the editorial workshop. Then I approve and publish the article. Our activity stream works off of a denormalized database table of events. In this case, I was the one who triggered the create article event and the timestamp corresponds to when that event occurred.

Many years ago, I designed our back-end event system to function such that events are always registered by the end-user who triggered them.

The workaround to fix this bug would be that, in the case of publishing an editorial draft, I would trigger a new publish article event, instead of sharing the existing create article event with a regular new end-user forum contribution.

Not sure if this makes sense. I’m typing it from my phone in bed.

I just want to add that it’s not that I don’t want to fix this. It’s just that I have a bit of a code freeze going on at the moment as I rework all of our CSS for an upcoming project. Once that project is done in a month or so, I’ll take care of this. Fixing this should only take an hour or two.

The code freeze is over since we launched on Friday, so I'll look into this within the next day or so.

This has been fixed and it now says that Dani published a topic written by <username>.

Just to clarify ... it's only fixed for new editorial that gets published moving forward.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.