Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Can you give me the TL;DR on that report?

It appears to be about epidemics and how politics plays into government tracking and response. The doctors I visit have stopped trying to change the anti-vax mindset and now they say "F"them. "Let Darwin deal with them." I'm also near an organ transplant center and if you are not vaccinated, you are not going to get a transplant if you need one.

You would think that deaths such as Herman Cain and other such leaders would have changed that particular party's view but a friend explains it all away that the deaths were actually assassinations or proof that Ivermectin treatments could have saved us all.

If only this virus was more deadly.

Across all deleted and non-deleted posts, this topic is the only instance of that URL being posted. Am I misunderstanding?

There were two (apart from mine).

One was removed with the message "Solicitation" by you Dani. I found that one when I checked the thread I moved, but found no harm in the link. Somehow, after I moved that one to the Geek's Lounge, they disappeared. I can't remember the username though, something like "Domor".

Can you give me the TL;DR on that report?

TL;DR It originated from the US, not from China.

@pritaeas I didn't get that far into that report so thanks. There appears to be quite a few strains that developed around the same time.

A family member here works in a research lab and explained it and I'll probably bungle it here but I'll try. The SARS-COV2 strains that predated what we call COVID today were all over the globe mutating so the strains that emerged may not have a single source. We've read that these started here, there, Europe and other locations. Sadly the politics became a force and here we are today.

Beyond that, we have the anti-science, anti-vaxx movement which promotes treatments and non-treatments. The last doctor visit was interesting as they told me they had enough of those folk and "Darwin will sort them out." This is actually a worse solution because long covid can saddle them with health issues for the rest of their life. If covid had outright taken them out like Herman Cain may have been better for all.

My guess is that it was removed because it is provably B.S.

commented: 45. +0

My guess is that it was removed because it is provably B.S.

Even so, if I remove a thread it's still visible to me. The entire thing is gone.

Or is there some auto delete after a couple of days?

There is absolutely no feature or functionality that would delete a post from the database.

There is only one way in which it could occur that you noticed a post and it no longer appears, and that is if the database was rolled back due to an incomplete transaction at the time it was initially posted (in which it may have appeared for mere seconds before a race condition or some other glitch or database table lock rolled it back).

I can literally find no evidence of it in our database.

Ok, never mind then. I cannot prove that the threads were there.

The only thing I can think of is that I searched the posts table in the database for an exact match of the string https://zenodo.org/record/5752000

It’s possible that a deleted post still exists that has another version of that URL (eg www vs non-www, etc.).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.