When I create a new topic and enter the mandatory tags, the tag dialog box sometimes overlays the "Continue to the Last Step" button leaving only the merest sliver of a button to click. Could the tag dialog be aligned left to avoid this?

rproffitt commented: I've seen that too. Explains why folk add non-appropriate tags +0

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

It’s not why people add non-appropriate tags, because most members don’t have access to the tag dialog box at all. The reason that happens is because newbies are instead presented with a list of popular tags and must click to select the relevant one(s), and sometimes none of the tags shown to them are relevant. This usually happens because they don’t select the right forum before trying to post.

Either way, can you post a screenshot of what you’re referring to? I’m in bed with Covid right now but I’ll check it out in a bit.

I submitted a new thread today. Same problem. Here is the screencap

2022-07-25_091556.jpg

commented: What are you hiding? +0

I will try to reproduce it but I think it's happening because of a race condition. There's some race condition that is triggering the popup to happen before you hit the three tag maximum, and then once the popup animation is complete, it gets stuck because it shouldn't be open prompting you to add another tag.

I've seen this issue for years. It's not a show stopper but for me explains why many add tags that don't belong.

No, as explained in the past, it is definitely not why many add tags that don't belong. The reason is because only long-standing DaniWeb members are presented with it in the first place.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.