Sorry for the brief downtime today. I was refactoring some stuff on the web server when DaniWeb went down unexpectedly. I spent about 10-15 minutes going crazy trying to figure out why nothing was being written to the log file and what went wrong, when it turns out I forgot to upload the file and the server was out of sync with my IDE.

In my defense, I'm taking hydrocodone cough syrup to deal with COVID.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Too busy doing yardwork and fixing bugs. Didn't really notice. How is the covid coming along? Which of the myriad symptoms did you get?

I have chronic bronchitis and lung scarring due to a preexisting condition. Covid manifested for me just as a bad case of bronchitis with more vomiting than normal. Bronchitis for me usually lasts 2-3 months with a lingering deep cough.

I also felt like a head cold was coming on for a for a few days (scratchy throat, etc.) and had some nasal congestion. Those symptoms subsided after Paxlovid.

I had really bad dry coughing in 2019 when I was having my external beam radiation. I found that the most effective remedy for that was Tylenol 3 because of the high codeine content. I used to get bronchitis yearly but haven't had the pleasure for more than 5 years now. 2-3 months of it sounds brutal.

I currently am taking hydrocodone (Tussionex), a corticosteroid inhaler (Wixela), an Ipratropium bromide inhaler (Atrovent), and Tessalon Perles. It's a mix that has been perfected over 40 years of chronic bronchitis / COPD.

They gave me the inhaler along with the T3. It works miracles.

It's definitely worked miracles for my normal chronic bronchitis. It's not doing jack squat for this COVID-driven bronchitis.

In my case I needed it because I irritated my throat so much by coughing I induced something very similar to a asthma attack.

Don't ask what I've done from my chronic bronchitis over the years. Bruised more ribs than I can count.

Thank you for your hard work!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.