How do you reply to a post here without having to vote? Trying to answer a question with the character limit is hard. Also I don't think any of the tags are relevant to this post, but it is required, so I will add one.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Oh... now I see it. You have to click the "Respond" link above, then go to the discussion you want to respond to. THEN you can reply to a topic?

Exactly. The comment tool is for brief comments that do not significantly add to the conversation. There is no character limit when actually replying.

commented: A comment with an up vote appears to be worth more "points." +0

A comment with an up vote appears to be worth more "points."

Except in the Community Forum where (like Whose Line Is It Anyway) the points don't matter.

Yes, you have to first go to the discussion you want to respond to, and then you can reply to that topic.

If you click on the hamburger menu (the three icons to the left of the logo) it will bring up the navigation menu. In the "Your Content Finder" section you can click on "Topics & Posts". Within that section are links to:

commented: I tried to reply but can’t always see the “reply to this topic” link, like now. +0

I tried to reply but can’t always see the “reply to this topic” link, like now.

It's possible that it is hidden at smaller browser resolutions. (e.g. if your web browser window is small).

You should always be able to find it at the very bottom of the page though.

Screen_Shot_2023-03-20_at_12.44.43_PM.png

Thank you for the replies. The browser settings causing it to be hidden makes more sense than what I was thinking, that you'd have to click the link above, in order to get the "Reply to this topic" link to show.

ReadRespond.PNG

Is it possible that you don't get the reply option because you are not logged in?

Whether logged in or not, and at all browser resolutions, you should always see the purple bar across the bottom of the page. (The difference being that, at smaller browser resolutions, it is auto-expanded already to show the full reply text box.)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.