Parents please be aware and very cautious of what your child watches on YouTube and KIDS YOUTUBE. There is a thing called ‘Momo’ that’s instructing kids to kill themselves, turn stoves on while everyone is sleep and even threatening to kill the children if they tell their parents!!!

download.jpeg

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

At the risk of sounding callous, if your kids are falling for this then

1. You have failed as a parent to teach your kids anything of value
  2. Chances are they are going to fail at life anyway

I suspect this is yet another in a long series of media scares. Remember the "punching game" thing from a few years ago where (supposedly) gangs were going around and viciously punching strangers at random? How about the "slender-man" scare? Remember, if they can keep you scared they can keep your eyes glued to the news feeds. If you are capable of making decisions rationally (out of logic) or emotionally (out of fear) but not both.

At some point you can't shelter them and maybe you should never do that after they figure out they can't fly.

I'm thinking about all the "Jackass" and other "reality" shows that you see folk doing dumb and dumper. The Internet is mostly not truth and we can't expect governments and such to prevent bad advice from being on the web (nod to anti-vaxxers.)

The Internet is mostly not truth

That's a bit of a Trumpian sweeping statement. I'd love to see the stats that back up your assertion...

commented: I'd have to include spam email traffic. Something like 300 billion spam emails a day. There's more. +0

The challenge is the latest viral concern /social media fad/urban legend going around Facebook parenting groups and schools. It's described as a "suicide game" which combines shock imagery and hidden messaging, and it supposedly encourages kids to attempt dangerous stunts, including suicide.

hi, may i know what is momo

Scroll up to the first message, it explains it there.

I am actually scared for my 3-years old daughter as she really love watching video on Youtube. I feel like this is the time that parents should pay attention to what their children watch online.

Does the Momo still appear on Youtube?

What part of "it's a hoax" was unclear?

commented: I wonder how many don't know how to research such things. +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.