Today I've found this theme: https://mobirise.com/extensions/tastem4/?utm_source=extension_list&utm_medium=program&utm_campaign=win_4.9.7
I do really like the demo and blocks but it's too expensive for me. Could you please recommend something like that but cheaper. Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Sorry but this can't be true. At 39 dollars that's less than a hour of any programmer or consultant's fees.

I will write that I'm not happy with questions I see about Mobirise here. Look around and folk appear to be lost about what Mobirise is about. Maybe that company needs to do more about product education.

Shop around. That theme at that price is a good deal. Only those that are used to paying nothing would say it's too expensive.

Rproffitt,

When I started DaniWeb, I launched it on the phpBB platform because I couldn’t afford a $100 vBulletin license. From a developer’s perspective, you may think $100 is almost nothing for the value of an entire fully functional web app. As a student, anything I couldn’t afford to buy, I learned how to build myself from scratch.

commented: I agree this is the best incentive to "roll your own" solutions. +0

@Emeka_1 Please make such requests in your own discussion. Also, it's a WordPress site plus at the bottom of the page are ways to ask the website's owner this question. I find that a lot of folk won't ask the site owner the questions. Why is that?

Sorry sir I'll do as you said

commented: Remember it's a WordPress site so you look at WordPress themes until you find one you like. +0

I find that a lot of folk won't ask the site owner the questions. Why is that?

Because, while it may be the case that imitation is the best form of flattery, some people feel self-conscious about coming off like a copy-cat, or they're afraid the site owner will think they're trying to be a competitor, or steal their hard work.

WordPress and now MobiRise sites tend to look like each other. I rarely see one of those sites and not think Hmm, another WP/MR site.

I disagree. WordPress now powers more than one third of all sites on the Internet. Sure, you might stumble across a typical blog and instantly think WordPress. But there are so many sites out there I never would have thought we’re on the platform at first glance.

What Dani said. Most (all?) of the WordPress commercial/pro themes are highly customisable and you would be hard-pressed to identify them as being templated at all. Sure, plenty of folk will simply use an out of the box theme, and that's especially true when we are talking the free themes being used on a personal basis, but even so I still don't find myself saying WP or MR as I browse the web day to day.

I guess I'm just too old school about using the old View Source to check out the sites. That's the usual dead giveaway it's another WordPress site along with it's owner wanting to implement something that isn't in the templates but possible to people that write code.

So you View Source each site you visit as you browse the web? I think if you have to View Source in order to tell, then it’s not obvious :)

Sorry but I was unclear. So many sites use generic templates you can figure it out instantly. Fewer work at it and create something of their own design. If they do a good job, that's when I view source to figure out what they are using.

My take on this is most are in a hurry and fewer web site owners than ever can deal with the code underneath. It gets worse as a very high percentage don't have a backup of their data and the site code. Most seem to think the site code and data should be backed up by their hosting company.

Not so long ago there were in the web dev forum two smilar threads asking about buying a mobirise theme (a church theme) and posting the link to it, but couldn't because of the same BS reason as Mara_2. Those two threads were deleted by a mod. It was obviously spam, because the two threads were started pretty much simultaniously by two different 'members'.

Mobirise {or their cheap SEO hire) is just all for spamming here on Daniweb.

@gentlemedia. I suspect that there are many disingenuous Mobirise posts.

It doesn't work for me as it only tells me that something is off about Mobirise either as the product is defective or there is a campaign system which has rewards for posting reviews or on forums.

commented: If I was a mod here, I would've pulled the trigger on Mara_2 already. It's so obvious! +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.