I just read on mashable today about how Google has increased their search box. This change reflects the trend that many users include more than 2 search terms to generate a search.
http://mashable.com/2009/09/09/google-supersized/
So in regards to SEO for your site, will this change prompts you to include longer keyword phrases on your content?

I'm not so sure it's people using more keywords as it is people using more natural language search. Me thinks, anyways :)

Could very be. I do suspect that this is just the beginning of Google launching a newer more intelligent search engine to reflect both natural language and semantic. What do you think?

Hi,

I think this is just user interface update. There is nothing directly related to SEO.

You'd be surprised how every little thing (as minor as it may seem) has a rippling effect.

I think Google want to make the search term more effective and relevant thatswhy increases the size of search box.

So is it going to give a new start to keyword research?

I have noticed that and just talked that with my friend!

And I think Google want to improve the user experiences!

I'm not so sure it's people using more keywords as it is people using more natural language search. Me thinks, anyways :)

What u have said make some sense, but u know, when we want to search things--I will type as long as I want, I don't think the size has any effect on me!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.