I wasn't sure where to post this thread, but I'm running Dreamweaver 8 on a Dell with Windows XP. Everything was just fine until yesterday. In the middle of doing nothing too unusual, it crashed. Now it won't launch. 5 seconds after it opens, it throws up a window that says something like: Dreamweaver has to close now, sorry for the inconvenience.

Is there anything I can do short of reinstalling the software? I'm from a Mac background, so I'd usually trash the pref file or zap the PRAM on a Mac. Is there something like that on PC?

Any help would be super.

copy and paste the error message
'something like' only tells 'almost how' to fix it

Good point. Here's what it says:

Dreamweaver 8 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

error messages usually have a string of digits, or a dump, I was hoping dreamweaver did too
instead they have a long list of errors and yours is included in the trouble shooter

Link: adobe Knowlege base

good luck
KB - ensure the latest greatest version is installed with all the updates, then delete some cache files

Check the stupid-event cases first:

- Are you out of disk space?
- Are you out of RAM (project got too big for the workspace)?
- Is the file damaged (try another project file)?
- Did you take a disk or flash stick out of the drive before the project was fully saved?
- Are you trying to open a project with one or more components on a read-only CD?
- Is a file write-protected?
- Is a component of the project on a removable disk that is not now in the drive?
- Does the computer need rebooting after a power glitch or a thunderstorm?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.