can anyone point me in the right direction >>>

i have been trying to find out how to code/script the same as the Chelsea FC web site. In particular I am looking at how to achieve the functionality named

Fixtures | Tickets | Memberships (just under main image of home page)

at http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Home/0,,10268,00.html

At the very least if someone could tell me the technical name of this type of code, I could do some of my own research.

At the moment i am really stuck and i dont know how to progress

any help would be great

Member Avatar for rajarajan2017

This is just an image and div concepts. Three tabs are seperate images and under tab are the divs going to be hide/show based on the clicks on the tab. Using CSS and JavaScript you can achieve this. I will show you the partial coding used in that website, Just to understand

<script type="text/javascript">
function switchTab21883(tab, disableSlideShow, isTimeoutCall) {
if (disableSlideShow) {
disableSlideShow21883 = true;
}
if (disableSlideShow21883 &&
isTimeoutCall) {
return;
}
for (var x = 0; x < tabs21883.length; x++) {
if ($('#masterTabContentNoTabsMode21883_' + x + '.inDisplayTab').length > 0) {
document.getElementById('masterTabContentNoTabsMode21883_' + x ).style.display = "none";
}
}
if (!$('#masterTabContentNoTabsMode21883_' + tab + '.inDisplayTab').length > 0) {
for (var x = 0; x < tabs21883.length; x++) {                
tab = ((tab + 1) % tabs21883.length);
if ($('#masterTabContentNoTabsMode21883_' + tab + '.inDisplayTab').length > 0) {
break;                
} 
}
}          
if ($('#masterTabContentNoTabsMode21883_' + tab + '.inDisplayTab').length > 0) {
document.getElementById('masterTabContentNoTabsMode21883_' + tab).style.display = "block";
}
if(window['onTabSwitched21883_' + tab]) {
window['onTabSwitched21883_' + tab].call();
}
}         
</script>
<div class="masterTabsWrapper">
<ul id="masterTabContainer23735">
<li class="masterTabSelected0" id="masterTabList23735_0"><a href='javascript:switchTab23735(0, true)'>FIXTURES</a></li>
<li class="masterTab1" id="masterTabList23735_1"><a href='javascript:switchTab23735(1, true)'>Tickets</a></li>
<li class="masterTab2" id="masterTabList23735_2"><a href='javascript:switchTab23735(2, true)'>Membership</a></li>
</ul>

WOW! thanksfor the quick reply .......... i will give it ago.......happy days :-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.