This code, for me is all strung out on one line when displayed in Firefox, yet in IE, it shows all the appropriate line breaks. Is this a feature of FF or what? Is there a way that will work for both IE and FF?

here is the HTML file contents - it is system generated on a Z/OS platform with java:

<html>&#xD;<head><title>DspRpt: CQRPT.FT.CA06248.CP06248B.D12076.V00004 </title></head>&#xD;<body>&#xD;<pre>&#xD;READY&#xD; SDSFPCNT CP LOCAL&#xD;&#xD;&#xD;Counting pages for Jobs beginning with CP for printer LOCAL&#xD;&#xD;&#xD;isfmsg2.1 is: ISF754I Command 'PREFIX CP*' generated from associated variable ISFPREFIX.&#xD;isfmsg2.2 is: ISF767I Request completed.&#xD;&#xD;CP06248B JOB00215 for dest LOCAL Has 2 pages.&#xD;&#xD;CP06248B JOB00319 for dest LOCAL Has 2 pages.&#xD;&#xD;CP06248B JOB00828 for dest LOCAL Has 2 pages.&#xD;&#xD;CP06248B JOB01651 for dest LOCAL Has 2 pages.&#xD;&#xD;CP06248C JOB00470 for dest LOCAL Has 2 pages.&#xD;&#xD;CP06248D JOB00605 for dest LOCAL Has 2 pages.&#xD;&#xD;Total page count: 12&#xD;&#xD;READY&#xD;END&#xD;

For some reason, there are no line-feeds when displayed by FF. Any ideas or suggestions to get it working on both FF and IE?

Thanks and Regards,
Larry

If this is for HTML why aren't you using <br />?

If this is for HTML why aren't you using <br />?

I just tried putting in the <br/> and it just shows up as text on my web page in both IE and Firefox. Sorry if I'm acting like a newb here. Am I missing something in my HTML or in my HTTP Server that is not treating this correctly?

Cheers,
Larry

I would have to assume the latter. Is the code sample above the output of a program or the actual page contents in the browser (viewing the source)?

I would have to assume the latter. Is the code sample above the output of a program or the actual page contents in the browser (viewing the source)?

The above code is from the browser - view source. The thing about it being the server, though is, why does it work OK with IE and not FF?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.