I am creating a php page that allows users to add a new letter to a letter archive that is saved to an XML file. One of the form elements is recipient with a text box. I would like to add a button that when clicked it will bring up another text box incase there are two recipients, I'm not sure how to do this( I know how to add a button to the page, just the method for when the button is cliked?) and if I need to change the XML file as each letter record only has one recipient tag?

Instead of this route, you could allow the user to enter two recipients separated by either a comma or semi-colon - similar to how many email clients work.

I agree with paulkd. You could write in the JS to add more text boxes dynamically, but it would probably be much easier to just have them separate them by a delimiter. You could use a textarea and have them put a new address on each line.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.