Please look at my jsfiddle here - http://jsfiddle.net/ftuZ5/ . I know why the links won't work as the relative positioning I have used to create the link / menu backgrounds I want is covering the a element but I can't work out how to resolve the issue (having tried relative and z-index on the li and a elements, plus adding and extra div to span the a element using that to create the 'button' style background) but all to no avail.

Can anyone help?

If you want the links not to work, using jQuery, when the click method is triggered, use the event.preventDefault(); method.

It seemed to work if you just remove the z-index on the <a>nchor tag. But, on the whole, I think you'd be better off assigning the background image to the <a>nchor tag instead of the <li>.

JorgeM - the point is that I DO want the links to work and they don't but I have sorted the problem now anyway

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.