I've been reading a lot of books on neuroscience and things of that nature and I was wondering if I could integrate a medical dictionary into my Kindle just like the regular dictionary it already has. I know this sounds like an odd question but I have been looking for an answer to this question for a long time and XDA was zero help so I figured the best place would be daniweb.com. Thank you in advance.

Well, the Kindle is basically an Android device, though I'm not sure if it supports the Android Store, which probably has something like what you are looking for. FWIW, I have found a bunch of neuroscience dictionaries on Amazon, some of which have Kindle versions. The $64 question is whether or not you can integrate them into the general operation of the device, such as when you are creating/editing a document and need to do spell-checking, etc. Don't know... :-(

Thank you rubberman. I'm hoping there is an application on the Android Market (now Google Play Store) that does what I'm hoping to do. I figured there would be a way to do this through ADB or something because this involved the OS itself. However, if there is an application, I can probably internet it, I can probably find a way to get it onto my Kindle through ADB. Again, thank you.

Is it ????? really going to happen????

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.