Ok I made up my mind for my new gaming system and ordered the new Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI motherboard. Now I need to know what processor you all reccomend. I have always used Intel and have never had any AMD products. I notice people are comparing the P4 3.0 to AMD 2.0's. I had a P4 2.8 and since I have already spent this much on the motherboard I want something that is going to out do my old P4 I just have never messed with AMD and don't really know what to look for. I also need to know what the best graphics card and the best memory would be for this board. Thanks for the help.

Lee

Member Avatar for szukalski

The best always comes with an appropriate price tag.
A 3500+ should be a good performance/price cpu.
As for the graphics card, I don't know my PCI-Express cards..

The best always comes with an appropriate price tag.
A 3500+ should be a good performance/price cpu.
As for the graphics card, I don't know my PCI-Express cards..

if you have the cash go with a 6800gt or ultra...or if you really have the cash, go with 2 6800gt in sli format and have one of the best gaming rigs around :cheesy:

Forget gigahertz. It's no indication of performance, nor has it really been one since the proginal Pentiums went off the market. But especially nowadays!

If your budget stretches to a 3500+, get that. A 3200+ is fine of course (it outperforms a Pentium 3.2GHz) and if you're really cashed up try to get hold of a 3800+ or 4000+ Those should be available soon, if they're not already.

6800GT or Ultra sounds a good vid card choice for sure.

I have decided to get the FX-55 processor and two 6800 Ultra's. I really didn't want to spend this much but maby I will be happy with it for a while and not need to upgrade. Thanks for all the help.

Lee Harrell

i have only one thing to say I AM JEALOUS! lol great choice on the system you should be one of the happiest people in the gaming industry! once you get it all could you post back with a benchmark score? im really curious to see how well an extreamly high end computer preforms :) and so i can dream of what i can build lol! nice buy tho!

I sure will. It may take a week or so as I have just ordered the processor and graphic cards. I will post just as soon as I get it all done.

Lee

sounds great ill be lookig foreward to it!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.