Well, I recently got an iLo monitor from Walmart in December, and there are two extremely annoying things going on with it.

1- It makes a really annoying buzzing sound, the kind that quickly drives you insane. It never goes away, and it's been doing this for a while now. The buzzing is so bad that I actually have to wear earplugs so I don't have to listen to it. I hate doing this, especially because if someone in the house is crying for help, I won't be able to hear them because the buzzing noise has me using earplugs.

2- I am a graphics artist, so I do a lot of digital images on the computer. Whenever I'm using the computer, the monitor will turn itself off for a few seconds. Sometimes it will do this 10 times in one minute. (And it did it just now.) It is extremely annoying, and it really gets on my nerves because I have to stop (there it goes again) what I'm doing because of it. This has also been happening for a while, and no matter how much I go through the settings, nothing helps. I tried looking in the booklet for the monitor, but there is no phone number, and it does not have an answer for this problem or the buzzing problem. I am starting to give up CGing because of this.

Is there anything I can do to fix these? Or should I just use my sister's monitor?

(excuse me for my excessive use of the word "annoying")

If you only got it in December send the thing back it will be under warranty.:mad:

There is no warranty for this monitor.

Silly you for buying it then;)

My dell monitor does this. Good piece ofkit otherwise though. Turned out the random powering off was loose power cable

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.