Good Evening Folks,

I got some basic questions on Tablets.

Which Tablet do you recommend I buy to use for php programming ?
I never bought a Tablet before. Now taken an interrst to buy one but need to buy one suitable for programming. I Always program using pc or mobile phone. Now let us change this.

What bare min spec I should get ?
Ram ?
HDD ?

To hookup an external keyboard & mouse, which ports must the Tablet have ?
USB ?

To hookup an external monitor (like to my desktop pc monitor), which ports must the Tablet have ?
HDMI ?

To hookup an external monitor (like a 22 inches internet tv), which ports must the Tablet have ?
HDMI ?

Are there any Adapters I can use to hookup the Tablet to external hardwares like monitors and TVs ? What are these adapters called and which you recommend ?

Which IDEs you recommend for my Tablet to program in php ?

I been reading reviews and some people say it is ok to prigram in a Tablet while others don;t recommend it saying the onscreen keyboard would take-up most of the screen.
If I hookup the Tablet to an external keyboard then would not the Tablet detect the external keyboard and auto hide the onscreen one or I have to manually hide it ?

Which Tablet you recommend for Android OS to program with a suitable php IDE ?

Anything else I should know ?

My budget is £200 British Sterling. That's $300USD.
Planning on learning Python and building websites aswell as desktop softwares for PCs, Tablets and Mobile Phones.
And ofcourse, need to install wamp/xampp as localhost.
So bare this in mind when responding as the hardware got to be good enough to deal with all this.

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

@dani

What does your programming studio look like ? Curious to see all the mega hardwares. Do you mind attaching an image of your work room on your forum somewhere ? Maybe as a background image on your forum homepage ?
And do you program on pc or laptop or tablet or fone ? Want to see your cool hardwares. That's all.

I sometimes program on pc and sometimes on laptops and sometimes on fone. On fone in winters sometimes. Mostly on laptops and pc. Laptops most over pc.

And how is the weather around you ? Able to take your dog/cat out or the weather too cold ?
Over here it's foggy at daytimes but no snows or rains. I spend my days under the blanket during daytime and get out of bed at sunset and then start programming (these last 3 winters). Aswell as bother you guys. Lol!
Usually gets warmer here in feb/march. Full summer starts in march.
Winter usually comes in Nov but this time arrived after Christmas! Good! So suffering from winter for 2wks now but not that much unlike other years. While you people suffer the winters in the West for quarter yr.
This yr no worries about Covid spreading in winter, unlike the previous 2 yrs. Infact, the news channels are silent on the Covid subject. And no Omicrons in thiscountry yet. Good.
I usually worry about catching Covid in winter here. Weather is hot throughout the year here (9 months) when the yr is outisde the winter period (Nov-Feb/March) and so Covid has not touched me yet, although neighbourhoods were touched with virus deaths.
Been out of EU for nearly a dacade now to Asia. Better to stay here in hot climate country while Covid etc are still roaming the World.

When considering a Tablet for programming, it is important to look for a device that has the necessary specifications. For programming in PHP, you should look for a Tablet with at least 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, and a fast processor. It should also have USB ports, HDMI ports, and a headphone jack. Additionally, you should look for a Tablet that runs at least Android 5.0 or later, as this will provide you with access to the latest Android APIs, which can be useful for programming.

When it comes to IDEs, there are several options available for Android devices, including Android Studio, Visual Studio, and AIDE. All of these IDEs offer the necessary tools for programming in PHP. Additionally, you should look for a Tablet with a high-quality screen, as this will make coding easier on the eyes.

Finally, you should also make sure that the Tablet you choose can handle the other tasks you plan to do, such as running a localhost server. This includes making sure that the hardware and software can handle the load. You should also consider battery life, as coding can take up a lot of battery power.
or one that has a good amount of RAM (at least 4GB) and internal storage (at least 64GB). Additionally, it should have a good processor, such as an Intel Core i5 or higher or a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845. Furthermore, it should have a USB port, an HDMI port, and Bluetooth connectivity.

What does your programming studio look like ? Curious to see all the mega hardwares. Do you mind attaching an image of your work room on your forum somewhere ? Maybe as a background image on your forum homepage ?

My office is really messy today, but I'll take a photo in the next couple of days and share it. I use a Macbook Pro M1 Max laptop hooked up to two LG monitors and a mechanical keyboard. I also have a third Dell monitor hooked up to a nearly ten year old Dell Workstation running Windows 10 (because it doesn't support Windows 11).

And how is the weather around you ? Able to take your dog/cat out or the weather too cold ?

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, in California, aka "Silicon Valley". My husband works for Apple in Cupertino, not too far away from our home, and I work from my home office. The weather is pretty pleasant here compared to New York, where we are both from.

@Alisha_8

Thanks. I just read your reply now.

@dani

Thanks.I just read your reply now.
Did you forget the pic ?
Good you work from home. No good mixing with outside men in offices.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.