Hi Guys,
Could anyone please let me know what should i do for this problem? In Jan 2007 i installed demon tools and alchol120% softwares. after that when i restared my laptop i'm getting 5 beeps. Soon i uninstalled those softwares, but still i'm getting those 5 beep sounds(very loud) whenever i boot my pc. I even tried to a couple of time to restore my PC to a point before those 2 softwares were installed but of no use. Could anyone please let me know what should i do(other than sending my laptop to the customer care).
Thanks a lot in advance.
Sarath

P.S. After booting and the desktop is loaded, may be in a couple of mins. it gives 5 beeps. other than the beep sounds, rest everything looks fine.

configuration:
AMD Turon 64, 2GB RAM,8x dvd writer,120GB HDD, windows XP media center edition

thank mechbas. I'll check it and see.

look in the dell owners manual for your system (dells site) for a list of what the beep codes mean

sir my dell laptop 1525 in i need to install windows xp so my laptop is not boot on usb cd drivre so pls give the sugetion

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.