Five times in the past hour while in DaniWeb I've gotten the Virus Alert from McAffee: Exploit-MhtRedir.gen
McAffee finds it in the Temporary Internet Files folder and is able to delete it and I also empty that folder right after I get the message so it's not really a problem, but I'd like to know why I keep getting it while here.

Along with that message I get a warning about my ActiveX settings not enabled to allow...
I know how I have my ActiveX settings and have them that way for a reason; just including that in case it has something to do with the Exploit.

OS is Win2K, 5.00.2195, SP4
IE 6, SP1 (ver 6.0.2800.1106)

Are you getting it whilst reading hijackthis logs? I get a few warnings from my AV on some logs that I read.

Are you getting it whilst reading hijackthis logs? I get a few warnings from my AV on some logs that I read.

No, most often it seems to come up when going from one forum to another or one thread to another.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.