I have heard of this before and once used it quite a long time ago. I can not remember why but for some reason I removed it and stopped using it. That was a long time ago, now it has shown up in my life again...

I guess what I am asking is, how does this program stack up? Is it worth it?

I work at a school as IT support and Network Admin. I had a teacher bring their laptop to me and ask me to clean it up and get it running faster again. I noticed that this program was on the laptop and paid it no mind. I installed a free anti-virus program on the laptop because it had none. Upon the restart, Tracks Eraser Pro apparently removed everything that was done.

Is this a program worth having or should it just be tossed and use something else which is free. The teacher paid for this so I hate to just remove it or disable it unless there is sufficient reason to do so.

thank you.

CCleaner and ATF cleaner (both free) are the best for removing tracks in my opinion.

never used tracks ereaser pro myself

i myself use ccleaner as well. never had any problems. i use avast or avg, spybot search and destroy, ccleaner, and regseeker.

i know for some reason or another i quit using tracks eraser pro, and i can not remember why. i was hoping someone would offer some insight or be familiar with it enough to share some info with me.

thanks..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.