Hi, can anyone help ive been running Grisoft AVG Free for a couple of years now, but last week my Update Manager and Internal Data Base started showing out of date and a message displays saying update unfinished and to complete same my PC must be restarted, which i have done but still failing to update. Ive also tried to reinstall AVG Free but i am getting an installation failure message

Local machine: installation failed
Initialization:
Error: Checking of state of the item file file_User_LocalAppData_Outlook_extend.dat (lee Higgins 1) failed.
File opening failed. %FILE% = "C:\Documents and Settings\lee Higgins 1\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\extend.dat"
Permission denied

im using win XP

Thank you in anticipation.
Wizardnot

Have you tried uninstalling?

yes but it wont uninstall due to the same fault previously stated

Ive sorted this prob out myself, seemed to be a file access problem due my kids altering security access to some files.

i face the same problem as wizardnot. Please help me I dont understand what to do.
Local machine: installation failed
Initialization:
Error: Checking of state of the item file file_User_LocalAppData_Outlook_extend.dat (Administrator) failed.
File opening failed. %FILE% = "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\extend.dat"
Permission denied

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.