This is a large problem I've been having for nearly two years now, and despite my best efforts, I have not been able to find a solution. Okay, here goes:

First of all, I cannot access secure sites. I have, however, seen a rule that I had overlooked in Norton Internet Security: Block all secure sites. It would seem that the first problem would be dead by the removal of this rule. But, of course, Norton has a special way of hating its users, and as soon as I apply the new settings (without the block secure sites rule), I get slapped with an error reporting message that says "Symantec Integrator has...blah blah blah". This happens every time I try to remove that rule. I've even tried closing NIE and stopping its subordinate services. To my dismay, I STILL cannot access any secure sites. And, with the Windows support forum having a secure reply page, I can't ask for support there, and therefore I am here.

Next problem: my Internet connection is limited to certain programs that access the Internet DIRECTLY, such as AOL or IE. Things like MSN Messenger, Windows Update, etc. won't work. At all.

I would greatly appreciate any help I can receive on this matter as soon as possible.

What is that error Symantec gives you? Blah blah blah tells us nothing.

What is that error Symantec gives you? Blah blah blah tells us nothing.

It's just a normal Windows error reporting message for Symantec Integrator.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.