After Install starts you get copying tempory files - setup is starting then the following message is returned.
Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer

It means it cant find your hard disk. If its a SATA disk (especially one via an add in controller card) then you will need a driver disk.

It means it cant find your hard disk. If its a SATA disk (especially one via an add in controller card) then you will need a driver disk.

It is a Sata drive

win7 shouldn't have problem finding a sata drive , should it !

win7 shouldn't have problem finding a sata drive , should it !

Server 2008 R2 (Windows 7 based) still doesnt have drivers for my 9 year old fibre-channel adapter, so its within the realms of possibility that it lacks his SATA driver...

Server 2008 R2 (Windows 7 based) still doesnt have drivers for my 9 year old fibre-channel adapter, so its within the realms of possibility that it lacks his SATA driver...

correct ,it is for sure

There is a program that checks your hardware for Windows 7 compatibility. You could run it to find out if your computer can run that operating system. No point wasting your time and money attempting to install Windows 7 on hardware that it will not support.

how to upgrade from window service pack 3 to window 7 ?

You have to do a clean install i think.

You have to do a clean install i think.

Yep, you do.

SATA support for Windows 7,
If your mobo has SATA ports, then you can install Win7 no problem, if you're using an add-in SATA/Raid card (PCI) then you need to install the drivers for that card during the Win7 set-up (lower left, "Add Drivers")

, if you're using an add-in SATA/Raid card (PCI) then you need to install the drivers for that card during the Win7 set-up (lower left, "Add Drivers")

Yep. 7 is better than XP in that it lets you load em off a memory stick now, no faffing about with floppies any more.

Yep. 7 is better than XP in that it lets you load em off a memory stick now, no faffing about with floppies any more.

speaking of memory sticks ,and win7 ,here a good link i think to putting win7 on a memory stick for quick install and install to computer/laptop with out cdrom drive .I did it [so its easy to do ] but none of my computers /lapotops boot to a thumb drive.so couldn't test it
http://edge.technet.com/Media/Installing-Win7-using-a-USB-Stick/?Page=8#Page=2

speaking of memory sticks ,and win7 ,here a good link i think to putting win7 on a memory stick for quick install and install to computer/laptop with out cdrom drive

think you can do that with vista too (because 2k8 [not the R2 version] can)

hp deskjet printer d1460 can it install in windows 7

Windows 7 addresses the growing desire for application control solutions in the enterprise with the introduction of AppLocker: a simple and flexible mechanism that allows administrators to specify exactly what is allowed to run in their desktop environment. As a result, AppLocker provides not only security protections, but also operational and compliance benefits by:

* Keeping unlicensed software from running in your desktop environment

* Preventing vulnerable, unauthorized applications from running in your desktop environment, including malware

* Stopping users from running applications that needlessly consume network bandwidth or otherwise impact the enterprise computing environment

* Preventing users from running applications that destabilize their desktop environment and increase helpdesk support costs

* Easing enterprise software deployments and maintenance through effective desktop configuration management

* Allow users to install and run approved applications and software updates based upon their business needs

* Helping ensure your desktop environment is in compliance with corporate policies and industry regulations such as PCI DSS, Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, Basel II, and others

commented: spam spam spam spam +0

Your Win7 DVD got corrupt or else your DVD ROM is not working.

How to install text converter for power point on office 2007 of windows 7

How to install

do you mean how do I install text converter for power point on office 2007 of windows 7

if yes download the converter and double click it and chose install,setup,or maybe even run !good luck

i love it!i want own it

i have the same problem except i'm running my main drive as IDE for now... why can't it find it with an IDE drive?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.