hi,
i am getiing a C:\program error message on start up on windows 2000 professional, cannot find the file C:\program or one of it's componets make sure the path and the file name are correct and that all required liberies are available

please can you help

Program errors, failure to access data etc could be because of high fragmentation levels of your HD. You could run a defragmenter and see it it helps.

Have you installed any P2P software lately? Kazaa for instance.

Have you installed any P2P software lately? Kazaa for instance.

Hi
i have installed 360 share P2P software recently?

Program errors, failure to access data etc could be because of high fragmentation levels of your HD. You could run a defragmenter and see it it helps.

hi

i have run the defragmenter recently?

As you have installed P2P there is a good chance you may have aquired a worm or two and this sympton is common to a few worms that come with these programs.

Do you have any spyware or adware tools?

Search for adaware and spybot: search and destroy, download and run after updating.

Hope fully these will find any malware that has been added to your system, but run a virus check too.

also, what program is it not finding?

i am getting cannot find c:\program error or one of its componets error message at start up

hi that worked but i am know losing my taskbar any thoughts

hi that worked but i am know losing my taskbar any thoughts

What worked? Tell us exactly what you've done; that might give us a better idea of what caused the taskbar problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.