My sisters computer has serious issues. First of all, she has this crap AntiVirus Plus that keeps on popping up and I cannot find out how to remove it. Second, everytime I try booting up into Safe Mode I get the blue screen and a brief mention about BIOS/caching/shadowing and how I should disable that? Ummm....

The worst part, I think, is that Dell never shipped a XP disc with the computer. I heard that with hers, Dell Demension 3500 (I think?) from 2005 does not need an XP to format or create new partition?

Another person told me to create a new partition & remove that old one but I don't know how. I'd like to format the hard drive but can't figure it out & without the XP disc I'm afraid i'm S.O.L.

If I could just get into safe mode without the blue screen I think I might be able to fix it... Any suggestions? Sorry if I'm missing vital information.

Please email me since I cannot get online as often however, I can check my email via cell phone. johntroy78 at yah oo. com

If you don't have xp cd,have you tried sytemrestore that is change the system to previous date go to start->allprograms->accesories->system tools->system restrore->select a date where system worked perfect and do a restore.
If still problem persists create a new user from control panel and delete the old user this might helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.