Hiya,
For a while now i have had lots of problems with my pc so i tried to reinstall vista again. But somehow i ended up with 2 windows vistas when i started the machine up! So my question is....can i totally wipe everything of the hard drive and reinstall vista again? Also if i can do it, whats the best way of going about it. Is there a good free software to wipe everything of the machine?
If you need to ask me any question about the pc please ask...
Thankyou

When booting up with Vista choose format. That will wipe everything and than you can re install fresh.

Are you using a Vista install cd or a recovery partition?

Are you using a Vista install cd or a recovery partition?

i am using an oem cd of windows vista. also i did reformat the drive but for some reason it was still full of stuff which is why i am asking if i could totally wipe everything to start again>

Try doing a full format rather than a quick format! That should do it!

sorry for being a pain but how do i do a full format? I never realised you could do one or the other!

also i did reformat the drive but for some reason it was still full of stuff >

not possible ,quick format or full format, the stuff on the disk will be all gone ,unless the harddrive has more than one partition . like one with windows vista and one with programs and data files on it ,and you are only formatting one of the partition !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.